The Virginia Tech Foundation, Inc. (Foundation) was established in 1948 to receive, manage, and disburse private gifts in support of Virginia Tech programs. The Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation governed by its board of directors. The Foundation serves the university by generating funding from private sources and aggressively managing its assets to provide funding that supplements state appropriations. The Foundation provides additional operating support to colleges and departments, assists in the funding of major building projects, and provides seed capital for new university initiatives.
Reporting to the Senior Systems and Security Administrator, the Desktop and Systems Support Technician is responsible for supporting end users’ systems, devices, and A/V equipment. Provide support to System Administrators in daily tasks and projects as requested. Monitor logs and applications (e.g., backups) to ensure system health and proper operations.
• Information Technology-related Associate’s degree or equivalent experience.
• Experience maintaining Windows systems
• Experience supporting audio-visual equipment
• Experience monitoring and troubleshooting enterprise security systems including anti-virus, firewall, central logging, and security patch management systems
• Familiarity with risk reductions, systems including enterprise personally identifiable information (PII) scanning and management software
• Experience monitoring and using enterprise data backup and recovery software
• Experience troubleshooting cloud-based services (M365)
• Excellent communication, critical thinking, and interpersonal skills
Competitive salary and benefits package offered.